Clara Germani is co-editor of the Monitor’s in-depth news feature that appears as the cover story of the weekly print magazine. She has worked as a correspondent in Monitor bureaus in San Francisco, Washington, and South America. She also served as Moscow bureau chief for The Baltimore Sun during the 1990s. She has been editing at the Monitor’s headquarters in Boston since 1998.
Germani was awarded the honorable mention in the 2009 Dart Society Mimi Award, the only national award for editors. She oversaw the award-winning Little Bill Clinton series – a year-long multimedia narrative about a Congolese refugee in Atlanta.
Germani, who has a 15-year-old daughter, edits the Monitor’s parenting blog, “Modern Parenthood.”
She grew up in a small Sonoran Desert town in California, and has a BA from the University of Southern California.
- Modern Parenthood 10-year-old in dog cage on turnpike: “bad mom” or pop lynching?
- Modern Parenthood Our "Downton Abbey" family ritual: Thanks for the memories, PBS
- Gorilla carries toddler: Cute, but … why? (+video)
- Modern Parenthood Chelsea Clinton considering politics: A look back on all the presidents’ kin
- Modern Parenthood China adoption diary: Join the odyssey to adopt Madeleine
- View all