A Long Island principal called the Confederate flag a 'symbol of hate' as he expelled two students who brought the flag to school. But views about the rebel flag are not so categorical in the South.
Top Society (View all)
- Amid praise for Stephen Colbert, some ask: What about diversity in late night?
- Stephen Colbert to take over 'Late Show.' But who is Stephen Colbert, really? (+video)
- Briefing Social Progress Index: Why does US rank No. 16?
- Rebecca Sedwick suicide: what the police files show – and it's not bullying
- Late night's Letterman to retire: Did Gen X's oracle ever succeed at CBS?
- New index reveals sobering picture of how much African-American children lag (+video)
- 'Noah': not all believers hate big-budget, biblical blockbuster
- Poll finds broad, rapid shift among Americans toward gay marriage
- 'God's Not Dead': What low-budget hit says about Christians and Hollywood
- National Puppy Day! Pamper your pooch
The drug has followed prescription painkillers into new neighborhoods, forcing police and parents to confront an unexpected problem.
Thousands of New York fans of HBO's smash hit 'Game of Thrones' gave the series' author and creator rock-star treatment at the sneak preview for Season Four.
Fred Phelps and his Westboro Baptist Church tormented countless funerals to spread their message against homosexuality and abortion. He died Thursday.
A new law extends the same packaging requirements to medical marijuana products as exist for recreational pot, but critics say it's still hard for kids to tell if a gummy bear is pot-infused.
With reports that Westboro Baptist Church founder Fred Phelps is near death, some gay-rights advocates are conflicted. In the end, they say, his actions actually helped their cause.
Westboro Baptist Church, which pickets military funerals to preach against homosexuality, has excommunicated ailing founder Fred Phelps, according to reports.
Why do so many Irish names have negative connotations?
After decades of moving north, thousands of blacks are returning to their Southern roots for economic and cultural reasons.
Patients alone get to decide who is at their bedsides, a New Jersey judge has ruled. Fathers have no court-established right to be in delivery rooms – or even be notified – when their children are born, he said.
'Cosmos,' the Fox remake of Carl Sagan's classic PBS series, 'Cosmos, A Personal Journey,' was seen by 8.5 million viewers across 10 channels on Sunday, according to early reports.