Sochi Olympics (View all)
- Sochi Olympics final medal count: How Russia toppled Team USA (+video)
- Sochi Olympics gold medal count: Russia surges to the top
- Sochi Olympics shocker: Why Team USA won't win medal count (+video)
- Winter Olympics TV schedule: What to watch Saturday, Feb. 22
- Mikaela Shiffrin overcomes 'terrifying' moment to win slalom gold for USA (+video)
- Sochi Olympics medal count: Russia closes in on the leaders
- Another day, same result: Canada beats US in Olympic hockey
- Winter Olympics TV schedule: What to watch Friday, Feb. 21
- So much Dutch gold at Sochi. So why the frowns at home?
- Figure skating judging: How did Adelina Sotnikova beat Kim Yu-na? (+video)
Team USA won a gold in the ladies ski halfpipe and a silver in a classic women's hockey finale. Russia claimed the women's figure skating title for the first time in Olympic history.
Russian Adelina Sotnikova put in a free skate of such technical quality at the Sochi Olympics Thursday that Kim Yu-na and Carolina Kostner couldn't keep up, despite skating beautifully.
Also on Thursday, the Swiss women's team defeated Sweden for the bronze medal.
The 2014 Olympic champion is crowned in women's figure skating, while Team USA continues to battle for halfpipe dominance in women's ski halfpipe competition.
Pussy Riot members were attacked Wednesday with horsewhips in Sochi. The Russian punk rock protest band has left Sochi, but posted a video including run-ins with authorities at the Winter Olympics.
Ashley Wagner was in sixth place in the Olympics ice skating after the short program Wednesday. Gracie Gold placed fourth. Polina Edmunds seventh. The competition continues Thursday in Sochi with the free skate.
The figure skating scores from Wednesday night's short program reveal a lot, but you need a PhD to understand. Here's your guide to what the judges saw from Gracie Gold, Kim Yu-na, and the other top skaters.
Olympic champion Kim Yu-na scored highest in the women's figure skating short program Wednesday at the Sochi Olympics. But a Russian teen (no, not that one), is hot on her tail.
Alpine skier Ted Ligety wins the first US gold in men's alpine ski super giant, and two US teams medal in women's bobsled.
Russia's 3-1 loss to Finland on Wednesday ended the Russian men's hockey team's quest for a medal – and a defining Olympic moment. Having two of the top 10 scorers in the NHL – Alex Ovechkin and Evgeni Malkin – didn't help.