The scene at the Boston Marathon was jubilant, spectators and runners say. The city's love for its world-famous race was everywhere and overwhelmingly on display.
Top Sports (View all)
- Heavy security helps instill light mood at 2014 Boston Marathon (+video)
- American Meb Keflezighi gives Boston Marathon story a stirring finish (+video)
- Jackie Robinson Day: MLB marks 67th anniversary of Robinson debut
- Focus Boston Marathon: five runners and why they'll be at the starting line
- How much do you know about 100-year-old Wrigley Field?
- The Masters 2014 TV schedule: Who to watch Friday
- The Masters 2014 TV schedule: Who to watch Thursday (+video)
- The Masters: A quiz on the first major of the golf season
- UConn NCAA national champs: How the Huskies beat Kentucky's freshmen phenoms (+video)
- NCAA Tournament 2014 TV schedule: Notre Dame vs. UConn in epic women's final (+video)
Saturday night, the Huskies and Wildcats both overcame adversity to advance to the NCAA men's basketball tournament championship. Monday night's contest will be televised on CBS.
The Universities of Connecticut and Kentucky will meet Monday night to decide the national championship in the 2014 NCAA men's basketball tournament. Who's favored to win?
Florida, Wisconsin, UConn, and Kentucky are poised to play in the penultimate pair of NCAA games this season.
Both the men's and women's basketball teams at the University of Connecticut have enjoyed enormous success both on and off the court over the past 30 years. Test your knowledge of all things Husky basketball with this quiz on both programs.
While Major League Baseball's regular season is a 162-game marathon, special moments have occurred down through the years during Game No. 1 on Opening Day.
Sunday, uncharacteristic underdogs Kentucky and Connecticut joined Wisconsin and Florida to round out the 'Final Four' of the NCAA men's basketball tournament which will take place next weekend.
By Sunday night, two more teams will punch their tickets for North Texas and the 'Final Four' next weekend.
The 2014 NCAA tournament now moves into its 'Elite Eight' portion, beginning Saturday evening. Two teams will have reached the national semifinals in North Texas by the end of the night.
Thursday night, the Florida Gators, Arizona Wildcats, Dayton Flyers and Wisconsin Badgers secured regional final slots in the 2014 NCAA men's basketball tournament. Saturday's games will be broadcast on TBS.
Four more NCAA 'Sweet 16' games tip off Friday night in New York City and Indianapolis, two US cities with a lot of college basketball history.