Jameis Winston, star quarterback of the top-ranked Seminoles, will not face rape charges stemming from allegations that he sexually assaulted a fellow FSU student last year, a state prosecutor said. The accusation polarized the FSU fan base, tarnishing an otherwise gilded season.
Top Sports (View all)
- Arrowhead homicide? Killing highlights postgame fan violence. (+video)
- Amazing college football records that look unbreakable
- Who or what are these sports fans rooting for? Take our photo quiz
- Tom Brady beats Manning (again) as Broncos freeze in the clutch (again) (+video)
- NFL Week 12 picks: Brady vs. Manning, Romo vs. Manning, and Chiefs vs. Chargers (+video)
- NFL Week 11 picks: Broncos vs. Chiefs, Pats vs. Panthers, and 49ers vs. Saints
- Post-Incognito, Dolphins return to gridiron: What will Monday Night Football prove? (+video)
- Muscle and meanness: Incognito hazing comes down to 'What’s a real man?'
- Does NFL bullying run deeper than racist taunts by Dolphins’ Richie Incognito? (+video)
- Bill Russell: 12 quotes about basketball
A new statue to Bill Russell, the Boston Celtic Hall of Famer, pays tribute to the athlete who helped bring 11 championships to Boston in the space of 13 years.
Boston and St. Louis have had a number of close encounters of the sports kind that have created an unexpected geographic rivalry.
The Boston Red Sox won the World Series Wednesday, beating the St. Louis Cardinals, 6-1. It was the first time since 1918 that the Red Sox had won a World Series at Fenway Park – and Boston was ready to party.
The World Series has turned on defensive blunders. In Game 1, it was the St. Louis Cardinals. In Games 2 and 3, it was the Boston Red Sox. Game 4 is Sunday night.
Kansas City has gone from worst to first and looks to stay perfect. RGIII and the Redskins try to impress in the Mile High city, while Dallas and Detroit could score a lot of points.
David Ortiz seemed to put the Boston Red Sox in position for a huge win in Game 2 of the World Series. Then Sox reliever Craig Breslow had a moment of madness in the seventh.
The St. Louis Cardinals lost to the Boston Red Sox, 8-1, in Game 1 of the 2013 World Series Wednesday. It was just one game, but Game 2 Thursday could be huge.
The Boston Red Sox and the St. Louis Cardinals had exactly the same number of wins (97) and losses (65) in the regular season. The two best teams in baseball begin in a best-of-seven-game World Series on Wednesday.
If you're truly a well-rounded sports fan, you should be able to prove it by identifying many of the 20 images shown here.
Tim Tebow? Yes the name came up in the wake of Sunday's injury to Sam Bradford, the St. Louis Rams' starting QB. But at this point, Tim Tebow is merely a talking point.