Williams College and Princeton University are examples of pricey colleges that pledged to meet all of students’ documented financial need so they could graduate without loans. Earlier this year, however, after significant losses in its endowment, Williams announced that starting with the class of 2011, some students would be expected to take on modest loans.
• Caldwell College in New Jersey
• California Institute of Technology
• Hampton University in Virginia
• Lane College in Tennessee
• Princeton University in New Jersey
• Tusculum College in Tennessee
• Williams College in Massachusetts