Steve Martin tweets 10 funniest tweets not tweeted by Steve Martin
Steve Martin has gone social media on us, writing a book about Twitter. There are serious things to say about that ... but also 10 really funny tweets he collected.
(Page 2 of 2)
2. Martin’s tweeted: “Finally thinking about getting a computer." The response from @timdyson: “Make sure it has an ‘ANY’ key for all those sites that say, ‘hit any key to continue.’ Mine doesn’t and it’s so annoying.”Skip to next paragraph
Gallery Top Twitter moments
Subscribe Today to the Monitor
3. Martin tweeted: “Trusting wife angry at me for violating sacred pact of marriage. A married man, she claims, does not wear a bustle.” The response from @sarabuchan: “well, not in the FRONT. That’s probably what has made her angry.”
4. Martin tweeted: “Found some great new twitter pants. Tight red spandex with calf protectors. I’m sure the quality of tweets will improve now." The response from @BuddyGott: “I have the exact same twitter outfit. Let’s not wear them at the same place at the same time, ok?”
5. Martin tweeted: “Thinking of moving to Alabama because of ease of spelling the state. Only four letters to remember.” The response from @akmoss: “it’s why I moved to Oslo." And from @dandelions8910: “Also it’s always first on those pick your state drop down menus.”
6. Martin tweeted: “Trying to get my new nickname to catch on: “The Elegant Argentinean.” The response from@thevastydeep: “Assume Corky the Goat Herd was taken?"
7. Martin tweeted: “I have decided not to run for president. Have skeleton in closet, which is actual skeleton in actual closet.” The response from @12SecondHorror: “This is really a lot tamer than most politician’s skeletons. You’d have a real shot on the ‘I only killed a guy’ platform."
8. Martin tweeted: “Took Tylenol PM in the morning, and was arrested.” The response from@JoeNewberry: “I suppose it is only a matter of time before you are listening to AM radio at night.”
9. Martin tweeted: “Just bought sexy new body stocking. In beige. With eyeholes. Currently walking dog in neighborhood. Tinfoil hat looks good, too.” The response from @Italia_Federich: “Copy cat.”
10. Martin tweeted: “Illegal online tweet Poker: I have a King, a Six, an Ace, a Club and a Jack of deuces. I bet a dollar.” The response from@JoshJack: “I have a 4,5,7, jack and a skip card from UNO. I raise you a monopoly $20!
Now when you’re done laughing, try to remember this is a serious piece. Martin is impressed with how funny you might be and probably don’t even know it. Here is what he told an NPR interviewer.
"I've always believed that there are funny people everywhere, but they're just not comedians. In fact, some of my best comedic inspirations were not professional entertainers. I had a friend in Texas, and his wife told me they were at an amusement park, and they came up to one of those maps [of] the amusement park and it said, YOU ARE HERE. And he looked at it and he said to her, 'How does it know?' These things appear on people's phones in the middle of the day. It's not like people are gathered in a hall and they're expecting something funny. You know, talk about the unexpected."
Got it? Now get out there and tweet.
Get daily or weekly updates from CSMonitor.com delivered to your inbox. Sign up today.