Headphones from 'Beats' inspire many copycats. But are celebrity headphones worth the money?
Top Tech (View all)
- Twitter's Vine adds video editing, saved draft folder
- T-Mobile offers free data, zero down on tablets. Is it worth it?
- Apple rolls out new Retina MacBook Pros, Maverick OS
- For users 13 to 17, Facebook is now a much freer place
- Tablets get a seat at the movies (+video)
- Ubisoft says Watch Dogs will be delayed until the spring of 2014
- High-tech tools for urban cyclists
- Top iPhone and Android apps for stargazing
- How big data helps big cities
- 3-D printers bring new edge to fashion
Shane Todd, a US citizen working in Singapore, believed he had access to restricted tech. His death in 2012 was by suicide, say local authorities. But his family, suspecting murder, wants the FBI to take part in the investigation.
Want to know how to change your smart phone into a light switch? Philips Hue bulbs are controlled by your Android or iPhone, letting you turn them on and off from another room or another country.
Oakley's Airwave ski goggles adds to its already futuristic line of eyewear. Earlier googles could connect to phones and now its newest pair of goggles can give their wearer data via a screen display on the visor.
Smart cars bring to mind fuel-efficiency, Japan, genius engineering -- but what about intelligence? Now car makers are getting in on the app game, providing drivers with a wealth of information behind the wheel.
Square Wallet lets you leave your real wallet at home when you go shopping. Square Wallet knows when you're in a store and gives the clerk permission to make a charge to your account.
Google translate has a feature that can analyze an image and translate text instantly. Why? Because by the time your car passenger finds "interdiction de traverser le pont" in their French-to-English phrase book, your car is already filling up with river water.
Our app-driven life: Smart-phone apps are becoming the north star for millions of Americans who use them to navigate through life – shopping, playing, reading, dating, learning, and more with their fingertips.
Why we'll see hundreds of new site names in 2013.
Interested in a phone that's not the iPhone? Samsung and Nokia makes several excellent phones that should go on any smart-phone shopper's short list.
The Google Search app does some things better than Siri.