The 10 best-paid authors in the world
Does it matter if they're selling e-books or print books? The world's top-grossing authors are doing just fine.
They say that no one's reading these days but that can't possibly be true. At least, not if Forbes is right. According to Forbes, the combined earnings of the 10 best-compensated authors in the world total $270 million over the 12 months to June 1.Skip to next paragraph
End to an era at legendary Paris bookshop Shakespeare and Company
'Daughter of Smoke and Bone' film rights acquired by Universal
Better World Books' bestseller list: more classics than new titles
More books, more choices: why America needs its indies
Is Slate's Amazon-defending blogger really a 'moron'?
Subscribe Today to the Monitor
In order, here are the top-earning authors:
1. James Patterson ($70 million)
2. Stephenie Meyer ($40 million)
3. Stephen King ($34 million)
4. Danielle Steel ($32 million)
5. Ken Follett ($20 million)
6. Dean Koontz ($18 million)
7. Janet Evanovich ($16 million)
8. John Grisham ($15 million)
9. Nicholas Sparks ($14 million)
10. JK Rowling ($10 million)
You can see the whole Forbes article here.
Marjorie Kehe is the Monitor's book editor.