Authors Josh Pahigian and Kevin O’Connell explore America's major league ballparks in "The Ultimate Baseball Road."
What the authors say: “Yankee Stadium exceeded our preconceptions in practically every regard. It’s bigger, more luxurious, and more beautiful than we could have imagined. We were gaping from the moment we stepped onto the plaza outside Gate 4.”
Learned from the book:
• The authors says no ballpark makes a grander first impression than the new Yankee Stadium, which, in their words, “beams with palatial majesty.” The façade projects the same stately elegance, and the seven-story-high Great Hall at the entrance rates as the Grand Central Terminal of baseball.
• With 1,200 flat-screen TVs around the ballpark, fans don’t need to worry about missing important game action when they leave their seats.
• Unlike many stadiums, that now offer views of the field from a first-level concession concourse, Yankee Stadium offers such concourses at second and third levels as well.
• Customer Service Attendants are stationed in the courses to answer questions and assist fans.
• Yankee Stadium is a shoppers’ paradise with six in-stadium apparel stores, a Yankees Women’s Store, a collectibles store, and a Monument Park Store located near the famous center field tribute area.
• Anyone who cares to visit the 300 Level roof deck can enjoy a view of the Manhattan skyline looking out the back of the stadium.