Over the past three decades, Robert Marquand has reported on a wide variety of subjects for The Christian Science Monitor, including American education reform, the wars in the Balkans, the Supreme Court, South Asian politics, and the oft-cited "rise of China." In the past 15 years he has served as the Monitor's bureau chief in Paris, Beijing, and New Delhi. He is based in Boston.
- Nelson Mandela and 'the foundations of one's spiritual life' (+video)
- Key Mandela moments: A biographical timeline
- M23 surrender alone won't end Congo war: 7 thoughts from US envoy
- After Westgate Mall attack: Al Shabab penetrates even to Kenya high schools (+video)
- Zimbabwe's Mugabe says those doubting his election can 'go hang' (+video)
- View all