Noelle Swan is a freelance journalist. She has written about science news for National Public Radio affiliates in Delaware and Utah, and about social services and poverty for Spare Change News, and about sustainable agriculture for Seedstock.com.
Before becoming a journalist, Noelle taught preschool for 12 years in Brookline and Cambridge, Mass., where she developed such skills as changing a diaper on a standing child, wrestling nine toddlers into snowsuits, and negotiating all manner of sharing disputes.
As a teacher, she worked closely with parents and cultivated a specialty for teaching science to young children. She offers workshops for teachers integrating nature into the classroom and curriculum in urban environments.
Noelle graduated from Harvard University where she studied natural sciences and environmental studies.
She lives in Brighton, Mass. with her husband, David. When not writing, she enjoys spending time with her former students, cooking, gardening, and teaching an all-women’s boxing class.
- Global News Blog Good Reads: From investing in preschoolers, to moody America, to bogus peer review
- Modern Parenthood Kids need regular bedtimes: Here's how a child professional would do it
- Modern Parenthood Sibling bullying: How to be sure normal tangles are not actually damaging
- Modern Parenthood How to talk about obesity and weight loss with your teen
- Modern Parenthood Not all Seaboard communities are battling cicada infestations, but what if yours is?
- View all