Bonnie Harris, MS Ed, is the director of Connective Parenting and has been a parenting specialist for 25 years. Parent educator, professional trainer, counselor, author, and international speaker, Bonnie is known for her pioneering mindset shift out of the reward-and-punishment model to a connected relationship.
She received her master’s degree in Early Childhood Education from Bank Street College in New York City. In 1990, she founded The Parent Guidance Center in New Hampshire. Based on her book, "When Your Kids Push Your Buttons" (2003), Bonnie teaches Buttons parent workshops and professional trainings internationally.
Her second book "Confident Parents, Remarkable Kids: 8 Principles for Raising Kids You'll Love to Live with" (2008) distills her groundbreaking work into eight key principles and practical strategies.
She has appeared on The Today Show, Asia News, ABC Australia broadcast among others and has been featured in Parenting, Parents, Good Housekeeping, Essence, and Working Mother magazines.
Bonnie is the mother of two grown children and lives with her husband in New Hampshire. Click here to learn more about her.
- Modern Parenthood How do we reinforce trust, confidence in our kids after the Boston Marathon?
- The top 5 things never to ask your child right after school
- Modern Parenthood Thanksgiving with relatives: Tame parenting performance anxiety
- Modern Parenthood Nurturing but letting kids tumble is the best strategy for parents
- Modern Parenthood Spanking: For ostrich parents, the issue is black and white
- View all