Bonnie Harris, MS Ed, is the director of Connective Parenting and has been a parenting specialist for 25 years. Parent educator, professional trainer, counselor, author, and international speaker, Bonnie is known for her pioneering mindset shift out of the reward-and-punishment model to a connected relationship.
She received her master’s degree in Early Childhood Education from Bank Street College in New York City. In 1990, she founded The Parent Guidance Center in New Hampshire. Based on her book, "When Your Kids Push Your Buttons" (2003), Bonnie teaches Buttons parent workshops and professional trainings internationally.
Her second book "Confident Parents, Remarkable Kids: 8 Principles for Raising Kids You'll Love to Live with" (2008) distills her groundbreaking work into eight key principles and practical strategies.
She has appeared on The Today Show, Asia News, ABC Australia broadcast among others and has been featured in Parenting, Parents, Good Housekeeping, Essence, and Working Mother magazines.
Bonnie is the mother of two grown children and lives with her husband in New Hampshire. Click here to learn more about her.
- Modern Parenthood Christmas travel: How to parent when your parents are watching
- Modern Parenthood Mandela and Newtown: A passion for peace
- Modern Parenthood Temper tantrums, outbursts call for emotional support
- Back to School: 7 rules for starting the school year off right
- On Anthony Weiner's home turf, some sympathy but no support (+video)
- View all