For this quiz, s's are wild
For kids: Are you game for a quiz?
The "S" on my computer keyboard stopped working last week. I think it's because so many words have so many s's in them that I wore out my "S" key. How many of the words below can you figure out? All of them have more than one "s."Skip to next paragraph
Subscribe Today to the Monitor
1. When Lois Lane has a very important last-minute story and it belongs on Page 1 of the Daily Planet, the editor, Perry White, says this. (3 words)
"S_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ss_s!"
2. This is a special time at school when you can go to the playground and have fun. It's also a time when your teacher gets a little break. You don't get homework in this, and you don't get a grade.
_ _ _ _ss
3. Pucker up for this one! Can you finish this singsong rhyme: "George and Martha sitting in a tree – _ _ss_ _ _."
4. This is a game that is played on the same board on which you play checkers, but you use pieces called knights, pawns, bishops, rooks, a king, and a queen.
_ _ _ss
5. A rolling stone gathers none of this
6. This is a kind of waxy string that you slide between your teeth to keep them clean. (2 words)
_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ss
7. There are four of these – spring, summer, winter, and fall.
s_ _s_ _s
1. "Stop the presses!"
6. Dental floss