For this quiz, s's are wild
For kids: Are you game for a quiz?
The "S" on my computer keyboard stopped working last week. I think it's because so many words have so many s's in them that I wore out my "S" key. How many of the words below can you figure out? All of them have more than one "s."
1. When Lois Lane has a very important last-minute story and it belongs on Page 1 of the Daily Planet, the editor, Perry White, says this. (3 words)
"S_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ss_s!"
2. This is a special time at school when you can go to the playground and have fun. It's also a time when your teacher gets a little break. You don't get homework in this, and you don't get a grade.
_ _ _ _ss
3. Pucker up for this one! Can you finish this singsong rhyme: "George and Martha sitting in a tree – _ _ss_ _ _."
4. This is a game that is played on the same board on which you play checkers, but you use pieces called knights, pawns, bishops, rooks, a king, and a queen.
_ _ _ss
5. A rolling stone gathers none of this
6. This is a kind of waxy string that you slide between your teeth to keep them clean. (2 words)
_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ss
7. There are four of these – spring, summer, winter, and fall.
s_ _s_ _s
1. "Stop the presses!"
6. Dental floss