Twenty percent of women and men ages 18 to 24 say that they've met someone at church with whom they've gone out more than once. This finding is drawn from a dating and mating survey conducted by Bolt.com, a communications website for young people, in partnership with AXE Deodorant Bodyspray. Other survey results include:
• Nearly two-thirds of women have asked a guy out.
• The girl next door, followed by the rocker chick, are the two types of girls guys are most interested in dating (38 percent and 14 percent).
• Nearly 80 percent of men think online dating is an acceptable way to meet women.
• The No. 1 complaint (61 percent) about online dating was the inability to know if the person someone is chatting with online is being straight-up about their age, looks, etc.
• 73 percent of those surveyed said they are comfortable dating someone of a different ethnicity.
• The average American consumes 12-1/2 pounds of fresh oranges per year.
• Christopher Columbus is credited with planting the first orange grove in the New World during his second voyage in 1493.
• After chocolate and vanilla, orange is the world's favorite flavor.
• Grapefruit got its name because it grows in clusters, just as grapes do.
• According to legend, mandarin oranges are so named because of their resemblance, in shape and color, to the buttons atop the hats of high officials (called mandarins) of the Chinese empire.
Has the shivery winter weather gotten you down? If you want to warm up a chilly house for a song, invite a number of friends over for a singalong. Each person is like a radiator. So are pets and many appliances. They all generate a certain amount of heat. Measured in Btu's, here's the rundown:
Television: 425 Btu's
60-watt light bulb: 204
Source: MacFarlane Oil, Dedham, Mass.