CLINTON'S CABINET PICKS
US Trade Representative -- Michael (Mickey) Kantor
* Born: Nashville, Tenn., Aug. 7, 1939.
* Education: BA, Vanderbilt University, 1961; JD, Georgetown University Law Center, 1968.
* Military service: Lieutenant, US Navy, 1961-1965.
* Career: Poverty lawyer, 1968-72; Staff coordinator, Sargent Shriver for vice president, 1972; chairman, Jerry Brown for president, 1976; California chairman, Carter for president, 1980; California chairman, Mondale for president, 1984; partner, Manatt, Phelps, Phillips & Kantor, Los Angeles,1975 to present; campaign chairman, Clinton for President, 1992; organizer, Little Rock economic summit, December 1992.
* Personal: Married to Heidi Schulman; three children.
* Assessment: Kantor is a well-connected lawyer-lobbyist who has long been active in Democratic politics as a power-broker and fund-raiser. He is also a personal friend of Clinton. His law firm represents a wide range of clients, including such foreign companies as Tokyo-based NEC Corporation.