CLINTON'S CABINET PICKS
Secretary of Transportation -- Federico Pena
* Born: Brownsville, Texas, March 15, 1947.
* Education: BA, University of Texas at Austin, 1968; JD, University of Texas Law School, 1971.
* Military service: Information not available.
* Career: Attorney, private practice, 1972-1982; member, Colorado House of Representatives, 1979-83; House minority leader, 1981-83; mayor, Denver, 1983-91 (two terms); chief executive, Pena Investment Advisers Inc., 1991 to present; lawyer, Brownstein, Hyatt, Farber & Strickland, Denver, 1991 to present; director, transportation team, Clinton-Gore transition, 1992.
* Personal: Married to Ellen Hart; two daughters.
* Assessment: Pena was the first Hispanic mayor of Denver and will become the first Hispanic to head the US Transportation Department. He attracted Clinton's attention because of his work in building the world's largest airport and other transportation projects in Denver.