US TEAM SEARCHES FOR EVIDENCE OF MISSING SERVICEMEN

A 25-man US military team conducted searches in Vietnam yesterday for evidence of missing Americans as Hanoi formally agreed to investigate a photograph allegedly showing missing GIs, official Vietnamese media reported.At the same time Vietnamese officials demanded punishment of those involved in producing the photo if it is shown to be a fabrication. Hanoi radio said the 14th joint search for missing US servicemen began Saturday and is expected to last until Aug. 10. It said the search is being conducted in northern and central Vietnam with 25 American experts. The brief radio item did not say whether the investigation would specifically probe the controversial picture made public last week. The fuzzy, black-and-white picture shows three men holding up a sign dated May 1990. Relatives say they are sure the men in the picture are their loved ones missing for more than 20 years.

Share this story:

We want to hear, did we miss an angle we should have covered? Should we come back to this topic? Or just give us a rating for this story. We want to hear from you.

Loading...

Loading...

Loading...

Save for later

Save
Cancel

Saved ( of items)

This item has been saved to read later from any device.
Access saved items through your user name at the top of the page.

View Saved Items

OK

Failed to save

You reached the limit of 20 saved items.
Please visit following link to manage you saved items.

View Saved Items

OK

Failed to save

You have already saved this item.

View Saved Items

OK