Angola says South Africa trying to recapture towns

South African forces have launched a fresh offensive to recapture three towns near the border with Namibia (South-West Africa) which they abandoned last month , Angolan officials said Wednesday.

A Defense Ministry communique said South African forces began a fresh attack on Mongua and Xangongo, in Kurene Province, at the end of September. Antigovernment forces were also massing for a new large-scale attack on the Kunene provincial capital, N'Giva, the communique said.

South Africa has denied that its forces are still occupying parts of southern Angola after their major incursion launched Aug. 23.

About these ads
Sponsored Content by LockerDome

We want to hear, did we miss an angle we should have covered? Should we come back to this topic? Or just give us a rating for this story. We want to hear from you.

Loading...

Loading...

Loading...

Save for later

Save
Cancel

Saved ( of items)

This item has been saved to read later from any device.
Access saved items through your user name at the top of the page.

View Saved Items

OK

Failed to save

You reached the limit of 20 saved items.
Please visit following link to manage you saved items.

View Saved Items

OK

Failed to save

You have already saved this item.

View Saved Items

OK