Summer and it’s glorious bounty of fresh fruit may be over with the change in seasons, but there are still many great fruits out there during autumn that can make delicious desserts. Two of these are blackberries and pears, which combine easily with a few simple ingredients to make a warm, comforting dessert.
Topped with a scoop of vanilla ice cream, it is divine.
For the topping:
1/4 cup regular oats
1/4 cup brown sugar
1 tablespoon flour
1/4 teaspoon cinnamon
2 tablespoons blanched sliced almonds
2 tablespoons cold cubed butter
For the crisp:
12 ounces fresh ripe blackberries
1 ripe bosc pear, cored and sliced
1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
1 tablespoon cornstarch
1/4 cup granulated sugar
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
2. Toss together ingredients for topping, except butter.
3. Toss blackberries and pear with lemon juice, then cornstarch, sugar and pinch of salt.
4. Place fruit into a butter baking dish or pie pan, then sprinkle top evenly with topping mixture; dot with cold butter.
5. Bake for 40 minutes or until bubbly and nicely browned.
Related post on A Palatable Pastime: Light peach cobbler