Happy National Ice Cream Day! Where to find free and discounted scoops.
National Ice Cream Day is here, and there are cool deals to be had at Baskin Robbins, Dairy Queen, and more. There's even an ice cream freebie just for pups!
National Ice Cream Day is possibly the sweetest summer holiday in the history of the universe, and trust me, we're totally on board with all of the freebies, BOGOs to celebrate everyone's favorite sweet treat on Sunday 7/19.
The Brad's Deals team even found one freebie just for pups. Why should us humans be the only ones to celebrate, after all?
As you're enjoying your cold, creamy treat, send a mental thank you to President Ronald Reagan for signing this most glorious holiday into law back in 1984. Clearly, this is a shining example of bipartisan diplomacy at its best.
National Ice Cream Day Freebies and Deals for 2015:
- Baskin-Robbins: Buy a double or triple scoop, upgrade to a waffle cone for free on 7/19, plus 31% off all sundaes on 7/31
- Carvel: Buy 1 soft-serve cup or cone, get one free
- Cold Stone Creamery: Buy 1 Creation, get 1 free when you join My Cold Stone Club
- Dairy Queen: Join the Blizzard Fan Club online for buy 1 get 1 Blizzard Treats via emailed coupon
- Dippin' Dots: Free Redberry Sherbet sample (made with Sour Patch Kids!) at participating store and shopping center locations
- Friendly's: Buy 1 single or double scoop cone or dish, get 1 free
- Graeter's: $1.45 cones (it's also their 145th birthday!)
- Marble Slab Creamery & MaggieMoo's: Free ice cream for downloading the Slab Happy app, plus $3 off all ice cream purchases throughout July
- PetSmart: Free 4 oz. dog-safe ice cream at PetSmart PetsHotel locations from noon-4pm
- Sonic Drive-In: 50% off Milkshakes after 8pm all summer long, plus free desserts when you join MySonic online
- Steak 'n Shake: 1/2 price milkshakes on weekdays from 2-5pm
As always, local participation may vary.
Don't forget to check with your favorite local ice cream shops, too, and be on the lookout for our write up of National Hot Dog Day next week!
This article first appeared in Brad's Deals.
The Christian Science Monitor has assembled a diverse group of the best personal finance bloggers out there. Our guest bloggers are not employed or directed by the Monitor and the views expressed are the bloggers' own, as is responsibility for the content of their blogs. To contact us about a blogger, click here. To add or view a comment on a guest blog, please go to the blogger's own site by clicking on the link in the blog description box above.