Watch live: The cutting edge of cybersecurity research
How are different government agencies working to address evolving security challenges? Join Passcode on Oct. 8 for a conversation with senior officials to get an inside look at how these challenges are being addressed.
Check back here at 12 pm on Oct. 8 for live video of The Cutting Edge of Cybersecurity Research. Sign up for Passcode's email newsletter for further updates and tweet to join the conversation at #CSMResearch.
What's on the white boards of leading thinkers in the US government tackling some of the biggest cybersecurity problems facing the Pentagon and intelligence community? Get a sneak peek at Passcode's event on the future of research in the Digital Age.
Arati Prabhakar, Defense Advanced Research Projects Agency director, will outline some of the biggest cybersecurity challenges facing the nation – and the technologies DARPA is developing to address them – as both the public and private sectors face increasingly complex threats.
Separately, senior officials will discuss strategies to move cutting-edge research out of the lab and into the real world to make an impact in the rest of the US government and private sector.
In addition, join us at Passcode's research pavilion to see live demos of companies' and agencies most engaging cybersecurity research.
From 11 am to noon, enjoy lunch and see demos and presentations from cutting-edge companies, cybersecurity incubators and research groups including:
- Mach 37
- Star Lab
- Northrop Grumman
- The National Cybersecurity Center of Excellence
The following program will begin at noon:
- Vern Boyle, Director of Technology Cyber Division, Northrop Grumman (@northropgrumman)
- Arati Prabhakar, Director, Defense Advanced Research Projects Agency (DARPA) (@DARPA)
- Nate Lesser (@natelsr), Deputy Director, National Cybersecurity Center of Excellence, National Institute of Standards and Technology (NIST) (@usnistgov)
- Dr. Bill Vanderlinde, Office Director, Safe and Secure Operations (SSO), Intelligence Advanced Research Projects Activity (IARPA) (@IARPAnews)
- Doug Maughan, Director, Cyber Security Division, DHS Science & Technology Directorate (@dhsscitech)
Thurs, Oct. 8, 2015
11 am - 2 pm
The W Hotel / Altitude Room
515 15th St NW, Washington, D.C.