2-1/2 cup all-purpose flour
1/3 cup sugar
4 teaspoons baking powder
1-1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
1 teaspoon ginger
1 teaspoon salt
1/4 teaspoon nutmeg
Pinch of ground cloves
2 cups milk
3/4 cup pumpkin puree, fresh or canned
4 tablespoons melted butter
1. Combine the flour, sugar, baking powder, cinnamon, ginger, salt, nutmeg, and cloves in a large bowl.
2. In a separate bowl, whisk together the milk, pumpkin puree, melted butter, and eggs.
3. Gradually pour the wet ingredients into the dry ingredients, whisking until well blended.
4. Melt a little butter in a skillet over medium heat. Pour about 1/3 cup batter for each pancake. Cook pancakes approximately 3 minutes per side.
Butter pecan syrup
1/2 cup pecans, chopped
1-1/2 cups real maple syrup
4 tablespoons butter
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
Pinch of salt
1. Melt 1 tablespoon of the butter in a saucepan, over medium heat. Add the chopped pecans.
2. Cook for about 3 minutes, until fragrant.
3. Add the maple syrup, butter, and vanilla extract. Continue to heat over medium-low/medium heat until the butter has melted and blended with the syrup. Season with a pinch of salt. Serve warm.