3 ounces unsweetened chocolate, coarsely chopped
1/2 cup butter
1 cup sugar
1 teaspoon vanilla
2/3 cup all-purpose flour
1/4 teaspoon baking soda
1. Using a medium sauce pan, heat butter and unsweetened chocolate while stirring until smooth; set aside to cool.
2. Preheat your oven to 350 degrees F.; line an 8-x 8-x 2-inch baking pan with foil and lightly spray with nonstick cooking spray.
3. Stir sugar into cooled chocolate mixture. Add your eggs one at a time, beating with a wooden spoon just until combined. Stir in vanilla.
4. In a small bowl stir together flour and baking soda. Add flour mixture to chocolate mixture; stir just until combined.
5. Spread batter evenly into the pan.
6. Bake for 30 minutes. Cool in pan on wire rack.
For the frosting
1 cup semi-sweet chocolate pieces
6 ounces cream cheese, softened
1/2 + 1/3 cup powdered sugar
1. Using a small saucepan heat and stir semisweet chocolate pieces over low heat, stirring until melted and smooth. Remove from heat and let cool slightly.
2. In a medium bowl beat together 6 ounces of softened cream cheese and powdered sugar. Beat in melted chocolate until smooth then frost cooled brownies.