The best 2015 Black Friday travel deals
Sales on electronics are common on Black Friday and Cyber Monday has plenty of clothing and fashion discounts. Learn where to find the best Black Friday travel deals.
The holidays are synonymous with sales, shopping and, of course, packing your bags for travel. Whether you go by plane, train or automobile to be near your family or have a vacation getaway, you won’t want to miss the travel sales this Black Friday and Cyber Monday.
Cyber Monday travel deals
While deals at most retailers start on Thanksgiving and last throughout the weekend, the big time to find travel deals is still Cyber Monday, which this year is Nov. 30. Many hotel chains, airline carriers and resort spas release their biggest sales of the year at this time. To be prepared, check travel websites a few days before the holiday weekend, as some deals depend on the hour you book.
Black Friday travel deals
Not only in the United States but increasingly throughout the globe, websites on Black Friday get a ton of hits from travelers looking to book online. According to a report by Sojern, a data company focused on travel, reservations made on Black Friday increased last year by 98% as compared to those made on Thanksgiving. The company expects travel reservations to make an epic jump this year on Cyber Monday, as well.
Airfare deals in 2015
Airfare could be the most difficult of the travel deals to nail down during Black Friday and Cyber Monday. Most deals pop up at the last minute, so it’s best to follow airlines on social media for quick-hit updates, as well as continually check travel booking sites like Kayak and Expedia. You may want to have your trip in line: make hotel reservations in advance and scour the websites for when the airfare deals are revealed.
Hotel deals on Black Friday
Hotel chains, boutique bed and breakfasts and big-name resorts are all jumping in this season to promote big discounts on hotel rooms across the world. Beach goers can check out the many deals on hotels in Puerto Rico (Marriott and Doubletree). In Jamaica, the Half Moon in Montego Bay is offering 30% off a stay during select dates. For those wanting to discover the white sands of Aruba, the Hyatt Regency there offers 20% off a deluxe room with a $100 resort credit toward one of the property’s restaurants or bars.
Here are some other Black Friday deals at beach resorts for a warm winter getaway:
- 50% off any travel from Dec. 1 through Nov. 22, 2016, at the Atlantis Resort in the Bahamas. The sale lasts seven days and starts on Tuesday, Nov. 24. Rates are as low as $128 per night and stays of four or more nights earn a $500 resort credit.
- Stay at the Doubletree in Seaworld, Orlando through the end of May for 30% less. The deal starts on Cyber Monday and the promo code is CYB.
- Save 50% off a stay at Seven Stars in Turks and Caicos anytime April through August 2016.
- From 6-7 a.m. Eastern time on Cyber Monday, Naples Grande Beach Resort is selling 100 rooms for $100. Book online for the quick deal.
Best Black Friday ski deals
Not one to swim and surf? Big deals on ski resorts are offered for those who want to play in the cold. Here are some top deals you can find in the mountains and through the woods:
- Lodge at Vail is offering discounts on ski season stays up to 50%.
- Spring Creek Ranch in Jackson Hole, Wyo., is offering deals for a minimum four-night stay in January 2016. The deal is available starting on Cyber Monday.
Even if you want to shred powder for just a few days, Black Friday has a lot of deals on lift tickets, as well. Liftopia, a discount lift ticket outlet, recently posted its Cyber Monday and Black Friday sale a few weeks early. Skiers and boarders can find up to 86% off lift tickets across the county.
Best Black Friday cruise deals
Cruise lines are known to flash their sales at the last second, right up against the Black Friday deadlines. They offer not only Thanksgiving weekend sales but also highlight their end-of-year deals. In 2014, lines such as Star Clippers, Azamara, Princess, Norwegian and Royal Caribbean offered deals like 60% off a cruise package, half off a trip’s deposit price or discounts on a second passenger’s stay. The deals often last well through the holiday shopping weekend, so you can tackle Black Friday ads online or in the stores and know that the cruise deals will last through Cyber Monday (and often the week after). Be sure to check on Thanksgiving and on Cyber Monday to find the best deals on your favorite cruise lines.
Best Black Friday hotel deals in cities
If the vacation you have in mind is more about museum tours, hip new restaurants, shopping sprees and sightseeing, you may want to check out the travel deals to New York, London, Los Angeles or San Francisco. Here are some highlights we found on the best travel deals on hotels in major cities:
- 30% off Red Roof Inn hotel stays. The economy hotel chain is located in various locations in over 40 states. The deal applies to any stay through the end of March 2016.
- 41% off specific dates on stays at hotels under the Morgans Hotel Group, an upscale chain with a variety of design hotels ranging from “see and be seen” to more serene and oasis-style stays. The chain has locations in London, Miami Beach, San Francisco, Los Angeles, New York and Istanbul, and soon in Doha.
- Starwood Hotels and Resorts is offering major discounts at some of its hotel chains such as the W, Sheraton, Westin, St. Regis and Four Points.
Black Friday deals on Europe train travel
Travel plans including an intra-Europe adventure are up for discounts, too. Known for its Cyber Week deals, Rail Europe traditionally offers discounts on tickets and passes. This year, the Black Friday sale will start on Nov. 27 and last through Dec. 4. The Eurostar Standard Premier, which comes with a light meal served at your seat, is offered at 30% off. Gift-card deals also are offered at $30 with the purchase of a $300 Rail Europe gift card (for a total value of $330).
This article first appeared at NerdWallet.
The Christian Science Monitor has assembled a diverse group of the best personal finance bloggers out there. Our guest bloggers are not employed or directed by the Monitor and the views expressed are the bloggers' own, as is responsibility for the content of their blogs. To contact us about a blogger, click here. To add or view a comment on a guest blog, please go to the blogger's own site by clicking on the link in the blog description box above.