Over three decades, Robert Marquand reported on a wide variety of subjects for The Christian Science Monitor, including American education reform, the wars in the Balkans, the Supreme Court, South Asian politics, and the oft-cited "rise of China." More recently, he served as the Monitor's bureau chief in Paris, Beijing, and New Delhi. He left the Monitor in 2016.
Stories by Robert Marquand
- Terrorism & Security US denounces Russian airstrikes in Syria. Will Putin prolong the war?
- Terrorism & Security Nigeria says military has freed 178 captives of Boko Haram
- Crackdown on human rights lawyers intensifies in China
- Hong Kong democracy: three questions on the brewing battle with Beijing
- How Zhou Yongkang verdict aids President Xi's 'Chinese dream'
- View all