Jingnan Peng produces feature videos and explainers for the Monitor, with a particular focus on disability, culture and politics. He previously covered breaking news for Agence France-Presse (AFP) in New York and edited viral social media videos for Quartz.
A Beijing native, Jing spent most of his childhood competing in math Olympics. He studied literature and film as an undergraduate at Yale, and went on to complete a Master's degree at Columbia Journalism School. Jing loves cats, H-Mart, and languages. Fluent in Mandarin and French, he is currently improving his Japanese and German.
Stories by Jingnan Peng
- Women in ‘deconstruction’ harvest value, and help one another (video)
- Podcast: Why We Wrote This Attack of the chatbots? Our writer eyes humanity’s guardian role.
- Podcast: Why We Wrote This Speed, with care: Finding agency and hope in the news
- Podcast: Why We Wrote This The story invited three angles. We chose ‘forgiveness.’
- Podcast: Why We Wrote This Oscars: Black Hollywood’s long climb continues
- View all