Terror's money trail
• As of mid-March, the US had frozen $139 million in terrorists' assets worldwide. More than $60 million has been seized.
• By contrast, about $4.5 billion of Iraqi funds and assets stolen by Saddam Hussein's regime have been frozen. $1.3 billion in cash and other precious items have been seized or frozen within Iraq.
• There are 3,032 organizations worldwide on America's list of terror groups.
• At least 173 countries have issued blocks on terror funding.
• The Sept. 11 attacks cost between $303,672 and $500,000 to plan, according to the FBI.
Sources: Department of Treasury, State Department, GAO report