Dining faux pas
1. Holding the knife like a dagger, or the fork like a cello, and putting used cutlery back on the table.
2. Speaking with your mouth full.
3. Putting purses, keys, gloves, etc., on the table.
4. Finishing your meal long before or after everyone else at the table.
5. Placing an opened napkin on the table before the end of the meal.
6. Slouching in your chair.
7. Picking or poking at your teeth.
8) Leaving lipstick on glassware.
9. Asking someone where they're going as they leave the table.
10. Buttering all the bread at once.
Source: 'The Complete Idiot's Guide to Etiquette'
(c) Copyright 2000. The Christian Science Publishing Society