* A new Northern Ireland assembly elected by proportional representation will replace the old assembly, scrapped in 1972 by Britain.
* A new cross-border body will be formed from - and accountable to - the Irish parliament and the new Northern Ireland assembly. The body would have limited powers.
* The Irish Republic will drop its constitutional claim to Northern Ireland.
* British law will be changed to recognize the right of self-determination for Northern Ireland, which currently is a province of the United Kingdom.
* Ireland and Britain will design a new agreement on coodinating their Northern Ireland policies, but neither side will interfere with the new Northern Ireland assembly.
* Safeguards will be provided for the protection of civil, political, social, and cultural rights of Northern Ireland people.