* Everybody would be guaranteed health insurance.
* People would be pooled into large groups, or ``alliances,'' which would ensure that members have a choice of at least three plans.
* The alliances would purchase care from large health-maintenance organizations, some controlled by insurance companies, others by doctors.
* Most employers would pay 80 percent of their workers' health-insurance premiums.
* Government subsidies would ensure that businesses of 75 or fewer employees would pay no more than 7.9 percent of payroll for insurance.