Here are the questions Lawson Fite answered in the National Geography Bee championship round. See if you can come close to his perfect score. Answers are below.
1. A proposed territory for the Inuit people of Canada would be the largest aboriginal land claim settlement ever made. What name is currently proposed for this territory?
2. What is the term for a submarine mountain or volcano?
3. Four of the most populous cities in the world are in Latin America. Name three of these cities.
4. The year 1815 was known as "the year without a summer" because of the ash cloud that circled the earth after the eruption of Mt. Tambora. Tambora is one of the many volcanoes that make up the landscape of what island country?
1. Nunavut 2. Seamount 3. Buenos Aires, Mexico City, Rio de Janeiro, Sao Paulo 4. Indonesia