If you would like to make chocolate fudge this is what you need and how to do it. First you will need: 1. A mixing bowl 2. Measuring cup 3. Measuring spoons 4. Metal spatula or knife 5. A pan 9 x 9 x 2 inches or 8 x 8 x 2 inches 6. Two 3-ounce packages of cream cheese 7. 1 lb. confectioners' sugar 8. Four one-ounce envelopes of unsweetened chocolate-flavored product 9. 1/2 teaspoon vanilla 10. Two-thirds cup chopped nuts 11. Pat of butter
This is how you make the fudge:
1. Put the cheese in the bowl and let it warm to room temperature.
2. When the cheese is warm, start adding half the sugar gradually. Each time you add sugar, stir the mixture before adding more.
3. Open the chocolate envelopes at the top and squeeze the chocolate into the cheese- and-sugar mixture. (Especially during cold weather, it might be a good idea to run the envelopes under hot tap water before you open them.)
4. Now add the rest of the sugar gradually.
5. Stir in the nuts and vanilla.
6. Butter the pan.
7. Put the fudge in the pan and spread it evenly with the spatula or knife.
8. Now comes the hardest part! Chill the fudge for two hours or longer. Use a refrigerator.
9. Wash the bowl, spoon, and other tools that were used.
10. When the fudge is firm, cut it into squares. If you make five cuts across the pan each way, you will have 36 pieces of fudge.