Where to find data on heat reflectors

I wrote to Dr. Timothy E. Johnson at the Massachusetts Institute of Technology some time ago about the plastic Heat Mirror which was discussed in the Monitor last July. I have had no response. Where may I purchase the plastic Heat Mirror which can be applied to the inside window of a double-paned window? Janet V. Lowry Oconomowoc, Wis.

First of all, I've talked with Dr. Johnson's secretary and she tells me that because of the heavy load of incoming mail, she hasn't been able to get back to you up to now. She adds that she definitely had planned to respond to your letter, however.

Here is the answer: There are two kinds of products: Heat Mirror on glass and Heat Mirror on plastic.

The Heat Mirror on glass is made by Airco Company, Murray Hill, New Providence, N.J. 07974. If you want the name of a contact, write to Alex Langa. The Heat Mirror on plastic will be made by Suntek Research Associates, 500 Tamal Vista Boulevard, Corte Madera, Calif. 94925.

"We don't know whether the product is in production yet but you can write to the company," says Dr. Johnson's secretary.

You've read  of  free articles. Subscribe to continue.
QR Code to Where to find data on heat reflectors
Read this article in
QR Code to Subscription page
Start your subscription today