As The Philippines begins the process of healing and rebuilding after the devastating Typhoon Haiyan, aid groups are moving quickly to offer everything from safe drinking water to medical care. Here are some of the organizations that are offering help. You can click on the highlighted text for information on how to donate.
1. The International Committee of the Red Cross and the Philippine Red Cross are accepting donations and coordinating disaster relief on location. Follow the Philippine Red Cross on Facebook and Twitter for updates.
2. World Food Program, which delivers emergency food aid, is accepting donations online and through PayPal.
3. US Fund for UNICEF is accepting donations online to provide children affected by the typhoon with drinkable water, hygiene supplies, food and shelter.
4. Catholic Relief Services aims to provide 100,000 families with shelter, water, sanitation, and essential living supplies. It is accepting donations online.
5. American Jewish Joint Distribution Committee is accepting online donations for addressing survivors’ immediate needs.
6. World Vision is accepting online donations to help 400,000 people meet the most urgent needs of food, clean water, and emergency shelter.
7. Médecins Sans Frontières (Doctors Without Borders) is rushing personnel and supplies to provide medical care in the affected areas. It is accepting donations online.
8. The Salvation Army is on the ground meeting the immediate needs of survivors, providing food, water, and shelter. It is accepting donations online.
9. Caritas Manila, a Catholic charity, is accepting donations online and through wire transfers.
10. International Rescue Committee has mobilized an emergency response team to provide clean water and hygiene and sanitation supplies to survivors. It is accepting donations online.
11. Global Giving, a charity fundraising website, is accepting donations to its Typhoon Haiyan Relief Fund to support immediate relief and longer-term recovery.