• The new post of prime minister will have the authority to coordinate and supervise government functions.
• The prime minister is an elected member of Parliament and the leader of the largest party or coalition in the parliament.
• The cabinet will consist of a president, vice-president, prime minister, two deputy prime ministers. It will equally split ministries, creating 42 ministers and 50 assistant ministers.
• The removal of any minister of the coalition government will be subject to consultation and concurrence in writing by the leaders.
• Parliament will pass an act and a constitutional amendment to ratify the deal.
• A review of the Constitution will address the underlying causes of the violence, including land ownership, youth unemployment, and regional poverty. It will be completed within 12 months. Any changes to the Constitution must be approved in a national referendum.
• Establish a Truth, Justice, and Reconciliation Commission to look at the human rights violation. No blanket amnesty will be given. Work is to be completed within two years.
Sources: The Kenya National Dialogue and Reconciliation office, media reports.