- Occupy Wall St. has generated far more searches since its inception than the tea party ever has at any given moment.
- Despite that search edge, Occupy Wall Street “is almost in a dead heat with the Tea Party for the volume of news coverage… between October 7 and last week, Occupy Wall Street only barely bests the Tea Party when we examine the number of news pieces covering each movement: 29,000 to 22,000.
- One bit of trivia: Which states have had the highest search traffic for Occupy Wall St.? New York is No. 3 - can you guess the intervening two? (Hint: Think crunchy. Real crunchy.) The answer can be found here.
- When does tea party surge as a search term? In April, just before Americans file their federal income taxes.
How do you get your Occupy Wall St. News? If you’re in Tumblr…
- Follow various Tumblr tags relating to the news - “Occupy Oakland” and “Occupy Wall St.” are particularly vibrant.
- Check out the “We are the 99%” Tumblr and its competitor, the “We Are the 53%” Tumblr.
- If not, read “The Occupied Wall Street Journal,” a publication of the protesters in New York.
Like your politics unscrambled - with a side of humor? Bookmark DCDecoder.com.