Name that president
Test your knowledge. Can you answer these questions about the presidents of the united states? The Answers are listed below.
1. Which president taught school before entering politics?
2. Which president donated his salary to charity?
3. Which president weighed more than 300 pounds?
4. Which president was related to 11 former presidents?
5. Which president studied nuclear physics in college?
6. Some say that this president could write Greek with one hand and Latin with the other. Who was it?
7. Which president was a Rhodes Scholar?
8. Which president knew his wife for only three months before they were married?
9. Which president was the first managing general partner of a Major League Baseball team?
10. Which presidents did not go to college?
11. Which presidents are/were left-handed?
12. Which two presidents remarried while they were in the White House?
13. What three presidents died on the Fourth of July?
14. Which president was born on the Fourth of July?
15. Who was the first president inaugurated in Washington, D.C.?
16. Who was the first president to have electricity in the White House?
2. Herbert Hoover donated his salary to charity.
3. William Taft weighed more than 300 pounds and had an oversized bathtub installed in the White House.
4. Franklin D. Roosevelt was related to 11 former presidents.
6. James Garfield was ambidextrous (he could write with either his left or right hand). He was also bilingual (he could speak more than one language).
11. James A. Garfield, Herbert Hoover, Harry S. Truman, Gerald Ford, Ronald Reagan, George H.W. Bush, Bill Clinton, and Barack Obama are/were left-handed. Since 1969, more presidents have been left-handed than right-handed. Only Richard Nixon, Jimmy Carter, and George W. Bush were right-handed.
14. Calvin Coolidge was born on the Fourth of July.
15. Thomas Jefferson was the first president inaugurated in Washington.
16. Benjamin Harrison was the first to use electricity in the White House. After he received an electrical shock, his family often refused to touch the light switches, and they sometimes would go to bed with the lights on.