These are spicy! Kinda. And dipped in chocolate! Halfway. And just as marshmallowy and delish as usual.
You might be asking: are they good? Uhhhh yeah, they’re good. The sweetness of the marshmallow and chocolate offsets the spicy sriracha that comes through at the end – totally new flavor experience for me, and semi-addicting!
Chocolate-Dipped Sriracha Rice Krispies Treats
3 tablespoons butter
1 10-ounce package of marshmallows (about 4 cups)
1-1/2 tablespoons sriracha (or other spicy spicy hot sauce)
6 cups puffed rice cereal (like Rice Krispies)
1 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
1. Prepare an 8"x8" pan with butter and wax paper.
2. In a large soup pot over medium heat, melt the butter. When the butter is melted, add the marshmallows. Stir until the marshmallows are completely melted, then stir in the Sriracha hot sauce and turn off the heat.
3. Add the cereal and mix everything together.
4. When everything is mixed together, firmly press it into your prepared pan using a buttered spatula.
5. Let the bars cool for at least an hour (or 30 minutes in the fridge/freezer).
6. When the bars are cool and firm, remove from the pan and cut into small pieces. Melt the chocolate chips in the microwave (30 seconds at first, then 15 seconds at a time stirring between rounds until melted), and dip the Rice Krispies treats so that they're halfway covered with chocolate.
7. Lay the dipped bars on a cooling rack, and let dry. Enjoy ASAP, and store in an airtight container.
Related post on The Kitchen Paper: Nori Rice Krispie treats