Enjoy spring's seasonal veggies like butter lettuce, snap peas, and artichokes with this quick and versatile dressing.
The following recipe was provided by Smucker's. More can be found on their website, here.
Prep time: 10 minutes
Yields: 1-3/4 cup
1 cup Smucker's® Blackberry Syrup
1/3 cup Crisco® Pure Canola Oil
1/3 cup white vinegar
- COMBINE ingredients with a whisk until blended. Pour over fresh salad greens. Store in refrigerator.
Variations: add one of the following to the vinaigrette.
- 2 tsps. Dijon mustard
- 1/8 tsp. ground black pepper
- 2 tsps. fresh or 1 tsp. dried thyme
- 1 tbsp. chopped fresh parsley
- 1 tbsp. fresh lemon or lime juice
- 1 finely chopped green onion
Tip: Other flavors of Smucker's Syrup — Strawberry, Red Raspberry, Blueberry, Boysenberry — may be substituted for Blackberrry.
The J.M. Smucker Company has been committed to offering consumers quality products that bring families together to share memorable meals and moments for over a century.