Prime rib roast is a special meal, and what better occasion to make this fine dish than Christmas Eve or Christmas dinner?
Merry Christmas, however you choose to set at your table, and best wishes for safe and warm holiday.
Prime rib roast
Serves 10 to 12
1 Whole frenched rib bone in (10-12 lbs.)
2 tablespoon olive oil
1/4 cup tricolor peppercorns
1 tablespoon minced fresh thyme
2 tablespoons minced fresh rosemary
1/2 cup salt
1/2 cup minced garlic
4 cups of water
1. Preheat oven at 400 degrees F.
2. Place peppercorns in a plastic bag and crush them with a rolling pin.
3. In a small bowl add thyme, rosemary, salt, crushed mixed peppers, minced garlic, and olive oil. This mixture will be used for seasoning.
4. Using your clean hands, smother the rib with the seasoning; make sure the bottom and sides are also covered with the seasoning.
5. Place the seasoned rib into a large roasting pan, add the water.
6. Put the roasting pan into the preheated oven and roast for about 3 hours, or until the roast has reached an internal temperature of 120 degrees F.