1 flax egg: (1 tablespoon ground flax mixed with 3 tablespoons water)
1-1/2 cups coconut flour (or 1-1/2 cups oat flour)
3/4 cup sugar
1/3 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
1 teaspoon cinnamon
1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
1/8 teaspoon ground nutmeg
1/3 cup chopped dark chocolate
1/2-3/4 teaspoon salt, to taste
1/2 tablespoon baking powder
1/2 cup + 2 tablespoons almond milk
1/2 cup + 2 tablespoons unsweetened pumpkin puree
1/2 tablespoon pure vanilla extract
1 tablespoon cocoa powder
1/4 cup sugar
1-1/4 cup hot coffee (use decaf, if desired)
Vegan ice cream and toasted chopped pecans for toppings
1. Preheat oven to 375 degrees F. and lightly grease an 8-inch square glass baking dish with oil.2. In a small bowl, whisk egg and set aside.
3. In a large bowl, stir together the coconut flour, 3/4 cup sugar, 1/3 cup cocoa powder, cinnamon, ginger, nutmeg, ground chocolate, salt, and baking powder.
4. Add milk, pumpkin, and vanilla, to the egg mixture.
5. Pour wet mixture onto dry ingredients and stir until thoroughly combined.
6. Scoop the batter into the prepared glass dish and smooth out evenly with a spoon.
7. Combine the remaining tablespoon of cocoa powder and 1/4 cup sugar. Sprinkle all of it evenly over the cake batter.
8. Slowly pour the hot coffee over the cocoa powder and sugar mixture ensuring that the coffee completely covers the powder and sugar.
9. Carefully place the dish into the oven, uncovered. Bake at 375 degrees F. for 24-30 minutes or until the cake is semi-firm on the top, but bubbly and gooey around the edges. It will look underbaked, but this is normal. If for whatever reason your cake is still watery after 30 minutes in the oven, keep baking it until it firms up.
10. Let the cake cool for 10 minutes and then serve immediately with vegan vanilla ice cream and toasted pecans. This cake is best served warm straight out of the oven.
Read the full post on Stir It Up!