3 large eggs
1 cup milk
1/4 teaspoon salt
1/3 cup granulated sugar
3/4 cup high protein bread flour
3 tablespoons cocoa
1. Preheat the oven to 425 degrees F.
2. In a medium bowl and with a whisk or whisk attachment, beat the eggs, milk, salt, and sugar together.
3. Change to the paddle attachment. Beat in the flour and cocoa until it is completely smooth. Continue mixing for several minutes to develop the gluten.
4. Use a pastry brush to grease the insides of the popover cups with butter. If you are using a muffin pan, grease every other cup. Place about a teaspoon of butter in the bottom of each cup.
5. Fill the cups two-thirds full. Bake at high heat for 15 minutes. Reduce the heat to 350 degrees F., and continue baking for 12 minutes. (Different ovens cool differently and may require different baking times.)
6. Remove the popovers from the oven when they are golden brown. Quickly make a one-inch slit in the side of each popover to release the steam. Lift the popovers from the pan by grasping the tops with an oven mitt. Drizzle with Nutella. Serve them while still warm with a scoop of vanilla ice cream.
Read the full post on Stir It Up!