By Pam Anderson, Three Many Cooks
For a little extra crunch, crumble tortilla chips – the blue variety are especially pretty – over the salad.
3 boneless, skinless chicken breasts
1/2 cup orange juice concentrate
6 tablespoons juice from 3 limes, divided, plus a little extra for drizzling
2 teaspoons ground cumin
3 ears of corn, shucked and lightly oiled
1 can (16 ounces) black beans drained and rinsed
4 plum tomatoes, cut into medium dice and lightly salted
1/4 large red onion, sliced thin
1/4 cup chopped fresh cilantro
1/4 cup extra-virgin olive oil, plus extra for drizzling
Salt and ground black pepper
6 cups mixed spring greens
1. Place chicken in a gallon capacity zipper-lock bag. Add orange juice concentrate 1/4 cup of the lime juice and the cumin; seal and set aside up to 2 hours or refrigerate up to 4 hours.
2. Heat gas grill, igniting all burners on high for at least 10 minutes. Clean grate with a wire brush, and then lubricate it with an cooking oil-soaked rag.
3. Place chicken and corn on hot grill rack. Cover and cook until chicken and corn have developed impressive grill marks, about 5 minutes. Turn and continue to grill until corn is spotty brown and chicken has cooked through, about 5 minutes longer. Remove and set aside. When cooled slightly cut chicken, crosswise, into thin slices and cut corn from cob.
4. Meanwhile, place black beans, tomatoes, red onion, and cilantro in a large bowl; add chicken and corn, along with 1/4 cup of the olive oil and a generous sprinkling of salt and pepper; toss to coat. Drizzle in remaining 2 tablespoons of lime juice; toss to coat again.
5. When ready to serve, lightly toss salad greens with a little olive oil and salt and pepper. Add a little lime juice; toss to coat again. Arrange a portion of greens on a plate, top with a portion of chicken salad and serve.