1 (14.3 ounce) package Oreo cookies
1/2 cup creamy peanut butter
1/2 cup powdered sugar
1 pound milk chocolate morsels, melted (or) 1-2 cups unsweetened cocoa, sifted
1. Pulse cookies in a food processors until they are fine crumbs.
2. Add powdered sugar and pulse a couple times to mix.
3. Add peanut butter and run until mixture comes together in a stiff dough.
4. Form truffles from 1 tablespoonful or so of dough, squeezing tightly in hand to compress, then shaping into smooth balls.
5. Place on waxed paper.
6. Melt chocolate in microwave by placing morsels into a microwave safe bowl and heating on 50 percent power for 2 minutes. Stir until the bowl cools down then continue heating at 30 second intervals, stirring each time, until the chocolate is of a good dipping consistency (not too thick).
7. Roll truffles in chocolate with a dipping fork, and drain off excess chocolate before resting them on waxed paper. After all have been dipped, chill for 30 minutes to set chocolate.
8. Alternatively, truffles may be rolled in sifted cocoa (they will be softer using this method).