By Kendra Nordin, Kitchen Report
For the crust
1 package graham crackers, crushed (2 cups crumbs)
5 tablespoons of butter
For the bars
1 cup sugar
1/2 cup flour
2 eggs, beaten
1/2 cup (1 stick) butter, melted
1 teaspoon cinnamon
3/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
1 teaspoon vanilla
1 cup shelled pecans (or walnuts), chopped
1 cup chocolate chips
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
2. Pound the graham crackers inside their package into crumbs using a rolling pin. Empty into a large bowl, crush any remaining large pieces with the bottom of a jar or mug. Stir in 5 tablespoons of melted butter. Press crumbs into an 8″ x 8″ glass baking dish.
3. In a large bowl mix sugar and flour. Stir in eggs, butter, cinnamon, cayenne pepper, and vanilla. Add walnuts and chocolate chips and stir until combined.
4. Spread mixture evenly over graham cracker crust.
5. Bake for 35 to 40 minutes until it has set, there should be a slight gloss to the crust. Remove and allow to cool completely. The bars will be soft and chewy but not runny.
6. Cut into squares and serve.
Click here to read the full Stir It Up! blog post