By Pam Anderson, Three Many Cooks
Makes 1 dozen large muffins
If short on time melt the butter and mix it with the egg and yogurt, stirring this wet mixture into the dry ingredients.
2-1/2 cups all-purpose flour
1/2 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
1 teaspoon baking powder
1 teaspoon baking soda
1/2 teaspoon salt
10 tablespoons butter
1 cup sugar
2 large eggs
1-1/2 cups plain low-fat yogurt
1 cup each: white chocolate chips and coarsely chopped dried cherries, divided
1. Adjust oven rack to lower-middle position and heat oven to 375 degrees F. Mix flour, cocoa, baking powder, baking soda, and salt in a medium bowl; set aside.
2. Beat butter and sugar with an electric mixer over medium-high speed until light and fluffy, about 2 minutes. Add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition.
3. Alternating between ingredients beat in 1/3 each of the yogurt and flour mixture until both are fully incorporated and batter is smooth. Stir in 3/4 cup each of the chips and cherries.
4. Spray a 12-cup muffin tin with vegetable cooking spray or line with muffin cups. Use a large ice cream scoop to divide batter evenly among the cups (they will be full). Top with remaining 1/4 cup cherries and white chocolate.
5. Bake until muffins are browned and cooked through, 20 to 25 minutes. Let sit a couple of minutes in muffin tin and then turn onto a wire rack to cool slightly. Serve.