Stacy is a former education reporter for the Christian Science Monitor. She wrote primarily for the Monitor’s EqualEd section and also covered youth issues, civil rights, justice, and gender.
Stacy received her master's degree at the University of Missouri School of Journalism in Columbia. She grew up attending public schools in Buffalo, N.Y., and earned a degree in women’s studies from Smith College in Northampton, Mass.
During one year of college, Stacy interned at the YWCA in Kingston, Jamaica, and has continued to follow issues related to women's rights around the world.
She loves to travel, volunteer at her church, hike and camp, and dance.
She's had a long career at the Monitor, starting out in the Op/Ed department, then moving into editing national news and education, writing about workplace and financial issues, and then moving to the education beat. Her work has taken her to diverse locations ranging from New Orleans and Oakland, Calif., to the Daintree rainforest in Australia.
Stories by Stacy Teicher Khadaroo
- Hope for student borrowers: Settlement requires administration move faster
- Diplomas are great. But does high school set the stage for success?
- Focus Learning curve: How schools worldwide are tackling coronavirus challenge
- Beyond Weinstein conviction, how #MeToo changed America
- A big-name college drops legacy admissions. Will others follow?
- View all