Bonnie Harris, MS Ed, is the director of Connective Parenting and has been a parenting specialist for 25 years. Parent educator, professional trainer, counselor, author, and international speaker, Bonnie is known for her pioneering mindset shift out of the reward-and-punishment model to a connected relationship.
She received her master’s degree in Early Childhood Education from Bank Street College in New York City. In 1990, she founded The Parent Guidance Center in New Hampshire. Based on her book, "When Your Kids Push Your Buttons" (2003), Bonnie teaches Buttons parent workshops and professional trainings internationally.
Her second book "Confident Parents, Remarkable Kids: 8 Principles for Raising Kids You'll Love to Live with" (2008) distills her groundbreaking work into eight key principles and practical strategies.
She has appeared on The Today Show, Asia News, ABC Australia broadcast among others and has been featured in Parenting, Parents, Good Housekeeping, Essence, and Working Mother magazines.
Bonnie is the mother of two grown children and lives with her husband in New Hampshire. Click here to learn more about her.
Stories by Bonnie Harris
- Modern Parenthood Rules from great friendships apply to parenting
- How to not make 'chores' a dirty word
- Modern Parenthood When Santa turns from icon to myth
- Modern Parenthood Talking back: What parents can do to relate to their kid's protests
- Modern Parenthood 11 tips for building resilience in children
- View all