These words are not all FlufF, but they all begin and end with the same letter. Show your TalenT and see how many you can solve.
1. Students who get good grades in this have very neat handwriting. They remember to dot their i’s and cross their t’s.
P _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ p
2. This is what you call something you can see right through because it is clear or almost clear. Examples are glass, sheer material, and cellophane. It is the opposite of opaque or cloudy.
T _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ t
3. If the light goes out in your lamp, you have to change this. You also plant this in order to grow flowers such as tulips.
B _ _ b
4. If people are not blond and the stuff on the top of their heads is brown or black, you might call them this.
D _ _ _ – _ _ _ _ _ d
5. This is the world’s smallest continent but the sixth largest country. It is home to the Great Barrier Reef, kangaroos, koalas, flying opossums, crocodiles, wallabies, wombats, and spiny anteaters.
A _ _ _ _ _ _ _ a
6. This is a brief stop in activity, a pause, or a short interruption in a sport during which someone stops the clock. It is also a method of disciplining a young child by separating the child from others for a short period. (This sometimes has a hyphen.)
T _ _ _ _ _ t