If you're a couch potato, don't even apply to these colleges
Over the years, many institutions of higher learning have dropped physical education courses as a requirement for graduation. Not Dickinson College in Carlisle, Pa., which not only mandates taking "P.E.," but also offers a wide range of recreational amenities and nutritional choices. Last week, when the first snow of the winter fell there, school officials even went so far as to call it "the opportunity for students to get outside for some good, clean fun." Overall, there is no fitter campus in the US, according to Men's Fitness magazine, which ranked schools based on interviews about exercise and diet habits on 115 campuses. The top 10 and their locations, according to the magazine:
1. Dickinson College, Carlisle, Pa.
2 . Colgate University, Hamilton, N.Y.)
3. Boston College
4. Wheaton College, Wheaton, Ill.
5. University of Vermont, Burlington, Vt.
6. Gustavus Adolphus College, St. Peter, Minn.
7. Grove City College, Pa.
8. Texas Christian University, Fort Worth, Texas
9. Baylor University, Waco, Texas
10. University of Richmond, Va.
– Associated Press